WINDOWS 8.1 PRODUCT KEY Free For you
Windows 8.1 Product Key is an operating system for personal computers and tablets. It was released in October 2013 and is an upgraded version of Windows 8. Windows 8.1 Product Key intended to tackle the numerous complaints about Windows 8. Some of the drawbacks experienced by Windows 8 users include a missing start button. Users were also not able to multitask thus leading to a decrease in levels of sales.
The updated version was based on the information provided by millions of people worldwide. Initial feedback shows that users preferred the upgraded version as compared to the older version. This is due to the many features not present in the older version. Below are some of the new features available in the updated version.
- Start button which was reestablished on the desktop.
- Lock screen slideshow that lets you view your photos when your personal computer is locked.
- Customized start screen which includes new backdrops and an ability to resize your tiles.
- Being able to uninstall multiple applications at once.
- Various apps such as calculator app, alarm app and the SkyDrive App.
- Using the desktop background as the start screen background.
- Upgraded version of internet explorer and windows store.
- Windows Defender which monitors network behavior.
- Options such as shutdown and restart in Win + X menu.
What are the system requirements for installation?
Are you planning to install and use Windows 8.1 on your PC? Here are some of the basic requirements needed for this operating system.
- A computer with a processor of 1Ghz or faster for 32-bit (x86) computers or 64-bit (x64) computers.
- At least 1GB of RAM for 32-bit or 2GB RAM for 64-bit PC’s.
- 16 Gigabytes of hard disk space for 32-bit or 20 Gigabytes hard disk space for 64-bit.
- Direct X graphics card. It can be inbuilt or external. The graphics card should also have a WDDM of 1.0 or higher.
If these requirements are met, one can comfortably install the operating system and enjoy the various benefits on offer. Avoid installing the operating system if your devices and software’s are not compatible with the operating system. If these requirements are not met, installing the operating system may lead to regular shutdowns and crashes.
How to check your computer’s specifications?
Your computers full specifications can be accessed easily using the following steps:
- Click on the start button and navigate to the control panel.
- Click on the system and security option.
- Click on the system option to view information about your computer. Information provided includes: processor speed, installed memory (RAM), system type and more specifications.
Pro’s of upgrading to windows 8.1
- Cloud capabilities which offer to sync and back up options. This makes it easier to share files online.
- Increased no and quality of applications
- More customization options such as choices of color, background options, and tile sizes.
- Easier configuration to use and more user-friendly.
- The search process is a lot slower as compared to windows 8.
- Microsoft still emphasizing on the metro- interface.
Process of activation
When installing or upgrading to windows 8.1 on your computer, a windows product key is required. What is the product key? A windows product key is a specific code. The code verifies that the software is licensed. The product key for most Microsoft products is 25 characters long. The windows product key can be found in these locations:
- Microsoft windows DVD box: Once you purchase a Microsoft windows DVD, you can find your activation key on a card. The card is located inside the box and looks like this XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX.
- In case your computer came with a pre-installed version of windows, the activation key can be found by contacting the PC manufacturer.
- Request the company to send you the activation key via your email.
Having a product key is important. It enables Microsoft to check whether your copy of windows has been used more than once. The key is also used to trigger your copy of windows. It is crucial to save a copy of your product key for future purposes such as reinstalling your windows.
Procedure required for activation
- Make sure all programs are shut down.
- Go to the start menu and click on the Run app.
- Once open a dialogue box appears with a text box.
- Type “slui 2” then press Enter.
- An activation window appears asking you to enter the windows product key provided.
- Once the key is entered, the operating system activates windows automatically.
The procedure takes a few minutes. This depends on the speed of your internet.
What if one does not have a product key?
If one does not have a product key, alternative methods can be used to find a key. The activation key has to be legitimate. Otherwise activating your windows will be a waste of time as it will not work. Some of the methods one can use to locate a legitimate product key include:
- Using a key finder/ keygen program to generate a key: Make sure that the key finder programs are not randomly downloaded from untrustworthy sites. Use programs that come highly recommended by subscribers. Random key generator programs often contain malware. The activation key can be retrieved by following these steps
- Downloading a key generator program from trusted sources.
- Installing the program to your tablet or PC.
- After installation, open the program and follow the instructions given to locating your activation key.
- Use Google to locate legitimate product keys online. Finding a key that works may be time-consuming. The reason is that the key may have been already used by someone else.
- Update your windows by opening the windows store on your computer. Once it’s open, click on the update option. The files are then automatically downloaded and installed in the background. Once the process is complete restart your PC. This enables the update to take effect. You can now open your Microsoft account and reinstall your applications.
Why you should consider upgrading
The new operating system is easy to use, and it comes with new and improved applications. The cloud services on offer enable users to save and transfer huge amounts of data.
Windows 8.1 product key
WINDOWS 8.1 ULTIMATE PRODUCT KEYS 2018
Windows 8 Product Keys ( 32-Bit )
Windows 8 Product Keys ( 64-Bit )
read more: windows XP activator